CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Story: Part 1

The Nelarie Series

Prologue

An old man sat down on some crates in the middle of the town. Almost all of the town folk gathered around him looking at him intently and straining their ears.

Today was a special holiday. It was to celebrate the deeds of those past in Nelarie. In every town and city a storyteller would sit in the middle of it and tell a story. He or she as the case may be would start the story early in the morning and would not finish until late at night. Occasionally they would break for a little while for a meal and for the storyteller to rest. Sometimes the story would last for days.

The old man, who's name was Muri, nodded to a couple hidden in the shadows of a building before beginning his story. "Every world has a beginning and every age heroes. We go back to when the world of Nelarie was only five thousand years old. Back to this very ground and street we go... in a time where ruthless kings had ruled the land for two thousand years. When they began their rule an old woman made a dying prophecy:

"When I return, I'll soar on the wings of the pheonix.
You shall know me by my blood.
I will be of royal blood and of the blood of My People.
I will be accompanied by the Little Ones.
By the Warrior and the Cunning.
By the Old.
By the Young.
By My Lady.
An by My People!
I will bring peace and prosperity to the land.
I shall drive away the Evil and cleanse the land.
And Restore everything to its Place!"

The time would soon come for the prophecy to be fulfilled....

0 comments: